5 tips on cleaning your camera lens
Photography is a common hobby these days and there are many dilettantes in this area when compared to professional photographers; whether you are an amateur or a pro when it comes to maintenance of a possession, you must be able to take proper care of it. The lens is an important part of the camera, the camera can be simply judged by the merits of its lens alone.Stating that it becomes only too clear that one must take exquisite care of this precious entity; lens, at least the good ones, the ones that matter, are expensive. One must-do rubric for this matter is the cleaning of lens; it is not uncommon for lens to accumulate dirt or fingerprint marks through usage and if these are not cleaned off, they affect the picture quality and clarity.
The following are some useful tips for cleaning of your camera lens:
- One of the best ways to take care of your lens is to avoid getting it dirty to the maximum possible. The less there is to clean, the better are your chances of cleaning it without causing any damage by accident. The most effective way to safeguard your lens is by the use of protective filters; they make it easier to clean the lens and also ensure that the image quality remains the same even with their attachment to the gear.
- Don’t use any ordinary cloth or paper to clean the lens; this by far is one of the most important things to note when you are cleaning your lens. The lens of the camera is more or less same as the lens of spectacles and a normal cloth is liable to cause scratch and damage. The fact that the lens is sensitive and prone to many things doesn’t make it an easy task.
- There are many tools available in the market that are used to clean the lens; tools important things to note when you are cleaning your lens. The lens of the camera is more or less same as the lens of spectacles and a normal cloth is liable to cause scratch and damage. The fact that the lens is sensitive and prone to many things doesn’t make it an easy task. such as liquid lens cleaners, microfiber cloth for lens cleaning, lens cleaning paper which is useful for removing dirt or small particles from lens elements, blower to remove dirt or dust, a hair brush or a similar contraption for preliminary cleaning and finally a toothbrush or suchlike for cleaning the dust on the rubber focus or the zoom annuli.
- The lens cleaning act itself is a procedure which is done usually by removing any dust or dirt from the outside/surrounding parts of the lens. You can use the above mentioned tools for this purpose, especially the toothbrush.
- After this, you proceed to the lens mount; this is an essential part and might take dust or dirt from the outside/surrounding parts of the lens. You can use the above mentioned tools for this purpose, especially the toothbrush. some iteration before it is finally done; this can be due to the accumulated dirt or sometimes oil. The cleaning solution is the most important tools here and the cleaning cloth should be used. One should also remember to have a stock of clean clothes rather than using the same one after washing it. Finally, the back end should be cleaned; special care must be taken to clean the lens elements.