Creativity in Green: Ideas for small scale gardening
Love gardening but only limited space? Often, urban dwellings provide narrow or no space for lush gardening, killing the interest in many. But being a little imaginative can help bring a touch of green to any nook and corner. Beautiful little landscapes not only enhance the look, but also bring out a new dimension of vibrancy and upbeat energy to your space.
Here are a few tips to kindle your gardening-pursuits
- An elegant pot of vibrant flowering plants at the doorstep will be warm and welcoming.
- A strip of grass running along the driveway can make a huge difference.
- Cultivate flowers of 1-4 colors, minimal and graceful.
- For balconies with restricted space, choose plants and pots that give a sculpted look. Some options include bulbs, bamboos, grasses, slim-line bushes, succulents and herbs.
- Lettuce, tomatoes and chillies can make a compact vegetable garden.
- Use of the vertical spaces, walls and railings can significantly increase your gardening space.
- Grouping similar pots will save space and yet give a fuller look to your garden.
- Indoor plants and pots can be matched to your furniture. Paint the containers or use soft lighting to animate your living space dramatically.
- Decorate shady spaces with ferns which require minimum sunlight.
- Use a long window box to grow strawberries or decorative flowers and enjoy a heart-warming glimpse of beauty.
Choose the right plants and containers; throw in some imagination…and any space, small, odd or dark, can be transformed to a pleasant and lively one.