Discover the flora ranges found in Mudumalai forests
Mudumalai national park is situated in the Nilagiri hills. Mudumalai National park is a wonderful scenic place full of greenery and amazing wildlife.
Some of the flowers and trees found in Mudumalai Jungle are listed below:
- Mudumalai Jungle is a habitat to several varieties of colorful eye catching flowers.
- Many Ferns and orchids are visible in Mudumalai Jungle.
- Several Vibrant roses, exotic and beautiful plants, imported shrubs that include 30 varied types of Eucalyptus trees are found here.
- Dry and moist teak forests, shrubs, grassy woodlands and swaps are found in the Mudumalai forest area.
- Most abundantly found trees in India are Rosewood and Teak which are seen here in Mudumalai forest.
- Other vegetations found in Mudumalai are Mango, Tamarind, Jamun and Sandalwood, Jacaranda tree bearing purple flowers, Pipal, Plumeria and Banyan tree.
- Some of the fruit bearing trees found in the wild are Nelli, Jamun, ranges of wild figs and Jujuba.
- Trees such as Natural teak, Bamboos, Anogeissus latifolia, Grewia, Terminalia, Crenulata along with certain flower bearer trees such as Aredesia, Indian Labumusum and Solanancea.
- Green part of the forest consists of plants species such as Pongamia glabra, Mangifera indica, Syzygium cumini, Terminalia arjuna, rosewood, Dalbergia latifolia.
- Tree varieties found in this habitat are Cinnamomum, Malabarum, Casseria ovodes, Olea dioca and Litsea mysorensis. Certain climbers found in partially evergreen forest are Gnetumula, Entada scandens and Sneeze wort.
A modest climate and diverse ecological features has resulted into a rich flora in Mudumalai region. The magnificent natural beauty and rich flora has made Mudumalai well known wildlife sanctuary in India.
By Bala M