What to look out for when you are on a jungle safari in Mudumalai and Bandipur
Safaris are a great way to observe and learn about nature and wildlife. The very idea of being constrained to a vehicle for safaris, the adrenaline rush you experience when you are up-close with a magnificent beast be it a lion or a tiger, the unbridled joy of elephant riding, these are some things one should definitely experience in one’s life. Mudumalai and Bandipur are some of the best spots for safaris in South India due to their abundant wildlife and natural reserve. Here are some of the related facts:
- Safaris are usually in open jeeps and these are readily available once you enter the park. Safaris in jeeps usually take in maximum of six people, with two trips morning and evening. The rate would be around 1800 for one jeep and is 2k for foreigners.
- There are also vans for the safari with a capacity for twenty-five which take you on a half an hour drive. They cost around 75 bucks per person and are available in the morning as well as in the evening.
- One of the most famous features is the elephant safari wherein you can have a ride on the elephant and journey through the park. The safari duration differs from Mudumalai to Bandipur; where the former is for ten minutes and the later for half an hour. The tickets can be bought at the forest office.
- An important thing to note is that tickets get sold easily and they are on a first-come-first-serve basis. The cost for elephant ride is Rs. 100 per person.
- The best time for safari here would be in the months of February, March, April, June, October, November and December. The timings are limited so as to not disturb the animals.